Friday, December 05, 2008

"Golden Tissues" in Portland - Curated by Chris Cilla

I have a couple of drawings in a show curated by one of my favorite cartoonists, Chris Cilla, at the Pony Club Gallery in Portland Oregon. Cilla describes the exhibit as, "A delicious freshly boiled collection of scientifically created, fantasy fueled factual autopsies, mostly flat, frequently black & white, some colored pigments, all seeing, all of the time." The show features work by 20+ artists including John Hankiewicz, Jason T. Miles, Zack Soto, Dylan Williams and others.

5 comments:

Jon Wilcox said...

Is it just up for December? I've been meaning to get down to Portland (it's only about 3 hours away!) and this would be an added bonus. But December isn't going to work for me...

Onsmith said...

It's actually only up for a couple of weeks, I believe. Too bad though - there's some pretty awesome cartoonists & artists in the show. Stop by the Pony Club Gallery though if you're ever in Portland - all the shows are curated by cartoonists.

BK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BK said...

Hi Onsmith,
I recently picked up Hotwire # 1 and enjoyed your "Metal Fabrication Department". I've looked online but haven't been able to find a bibliography of your work.
I'd love to read more of it, but don't know where to begin. Can you name some or all of your work so I can look for it?

Many thanks,
Talkias

Onsmith said...

Talkias,
Thanks very much for the message and the kind words about my comics. Unfortunately, it's probably pretty difficult to track down much of my stuff because it's been mainly in anthologies, alt weeklies, and my own mini-comics (that are out of print, save for a few). The Poopsheet shop still has a few of the minis though I think. I'll be printing up a second issue of Claptrap in the coming weeks though and I'll post about it here. If you'd like the list of my published comics work, email me at onsmith (at) sbcglobal.net Thanks again!